Oklahoma Pecan Management
Pecan Management Courses
The purpose of the course is to provide an in-depth experience for current and prospective pecan growers and others, which includes classroom instruction and field practical exercises on pecan management throughout the growing season.
Nearly 495 pecan growers and OCES County Extension Educators have completed the Oklahoma Pecan Management Course since it originated in 1997. The classes are held monthly from March through October except in June. Students consist of present or prospective pecan growers.
Students receive instruction on total orchard management programs for native and improved variety pecan cultivars and pest management programs are covered in depth. Emphasis is placed on utilization and management tools available on the internet.
- Meet at the Cimarron Valley Research Station, Perkins
- 2017 Class Participant Lectures (password required)
- 2016 Class Participant Lectures (password required)
- 2015 Class Participant Lectures (password required)
- 2014 Class Participant Lectures (password required)
- Must register on-line