You are here: Home / How to Receive a Ballot to Vote in the Grower Referendum

Oklahoma Pecan Management

How to Receive a Ballot to Vote in the Grower Referendum

A person is eligible to vote in the Grower Referendum if he/she meets the definition of a grower.

§ 986.17 Grower

(a) Grower is synonymous with producer and means any person engaged within the production area in a proprietary capacity in the production of pecans if such person:

(1) Owns an orchard and harvests its pecans for sale (even if a custom harvester is used); or

(2) Is a lessee of a pecan orchard and has the right to sell the harvest (even if the lessee must remit a percentage of the crop or rent to a lessor).

(b) The term "grower" shall only include those who produce a minimum of 50,000 pounds of inshell pecans during a representative period (average of four years) or who ow a minimum of 30 pecan acres according to the FSA, including acres calculated by the FSA based on pecan tree density. In the absence of any FSA delineation of pecan acreage, the regular definitoin of an acrew will apply. The Council may recommend changes to this definition subject to the approval of the Secretary.

Click here to find out how to receive a ballot.